I am loving the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette! I played around with the palette for the second time yesterday, and I wanted to share a simple daytime look with a hint of golden glimmer. This is a very easy tutorial and a great option for soft work-appropriate eye makeup.
Here are my steps for creating a soft and work-appropriate eye with the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette.
1. Begin by applying a small amount eyeshadow primer from lash line to brow bone, and a small amount just under your lower lash line. My favorite primer is Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion because it actually lives up to its claim to provide all-day wear, and a little goes a long way!
2. Dab a medium fluffy brush into Suspect and sweep into the crease, and slightly blend upwards to brow bone.
3. Using the flat side of the double-ended makeup brush that comes with the Naked2 Palette, sweep Chopper across entire lid. Chopper is such a beautiful shade, I love the soft bronze/peach color. You can layer Chopper with Half Baked if you want a more intense golden shimmer.
4. Tap the other side of the flat brush in Busted and pat on the outer third of lid, blending into Chopper for a beautiful transition from the peach to the soft chocolate-brown tone.
5. Tap the fluffy end of the brush into Foxy and sweep on brow bone to highlight and brighten the eye.
6. Apply a charcoal or black eyeliner just under your upper lash line, and in the outer third of lower lash line. I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero.
Dab a slanted eyeliner brush in Blackout and gently pat to apply it directly on top of the eyeliner you just applied. Make sure to apply a thin line, applying the Blackout as close to the lash line as possible to keep with the natural daytime look. Applying a matching matte eyeshadow directly on top of the eyeliner “sets” the liner for an all-day wear.
7. Dab a smudging brush in Snakebite and apply to just the outer 2/3 of lower lash line and use your fingertip to blend to compliment the eyeliner. I love the smudging end of Sephora’s Double-Ended Every Day Eye Brush for this technique.
8. Curl your lashes and apply mascara. I used Urban Decay Big Fatty Mascara.
Wow, I just realized I have really become an Urban Decay gal, huh? Oh well, you can’t beat quality products at a reasonable price.
Voila! I hope you enjoy this look.
Do you have the Urban Decay Naked2 Palette?
If so, what looks have you experimented with?