As a former hairdresser, I
tend to fall on the picky side when it comes to products and tools. I’m always on the lookout for new options for quicker hair styling and improved outcomes. I recently learned about a brand I was not yet familiar with, Karmin Professional, and I jumped at the chance to try the Karmin Salon Pro G3 Professional Styling Iron.
There is a long list of the Karmin Salon Pro G3 features, which you can see by clicking the following link to expand list:
- Advanced 100% Pure Tourmaline Ceramic plates.
- Professional grade heating element for flash quick heating.
- Negative ions and infrared heat (removes static) for silky shiny hair.
- Ion field technology (seals in natural oils). Variable temperature settings for all hair types. From 80°C (176°F) to 237°C (460°F).
- Tangle-free 3 meter, 360° swivel cord.
- Drop Safe Technology.
- Worldwide Voltage 100-240V – Use your styler in any country.
- Anti-Slip edges.
- Slim Handle Design.
- Automatic sleep mode – Auto shut off after 1 hour.
- Floating plates.
- Won’t damage hair like other straighteners.
- Straighten, curl, flip and style your hair.
- 3 Year Warranty.
I’m going to cut the chase and tell you which features stand out as the most important to me when it comes to styling tools, and all of which this flat iron excels at:
- Advanced 100% Pure Tourmaline Ceramic plates
- Super quick heat up time
- Tangle-free 3 meter, 360° swivel cord
- Worldwide Voltage 100-240V – Use your styler in any country
- Automatic sleep mode – Auto shut off after 1 hour
The Karmin Salon Pro G3 heats up almost instantly, but please be careful, it heats to *very* high temperatures. It’s best to start with a lower heat setting and work your way up as needed. The tangle-free swivel cord is a big plus in my book, and is especially helpful if you are doing hair for someone else, like a client or friend. And even though I obsessively double and triple check to make sure I’ve unplugged everything before leaving the house, the automatic shut off after one hour feature is nice for peace of mind.
I truly think this flat iron is terrific, and it would definitely get the job done for women with very curly, coarse or thick hair. The slim handle design allows you to get the iron very close to your scalp (you will notice most or all hairdressers use slim flat irons no more than one inch in width for this very reason).
When using the flat iron, what I really love is how smoothly the plates move through sections of hair. I work from the bottom up, sectioning off my hair in 3/4 inch sections and leading with a comb or brush. The Karmin Salon Pro G3 moves with ease and never snags or pulls.
While the price point is on the high side (currently on sale for $129.95 at Hair Products Pro; regularly priced at $300), the Karmin Salon Pro G3 is well worth it in my opinion. Additionally, Hair Products Pro offers free returns on purchases within 30 days, and free shipping on orders over $75.
I rated the flat iron 5/5 for the ease of use, smooth and shiny results, and overall quality. The flat iron also comes with a cute and convenient zipper travel case, which is a nice touch.
If you’ve tried a Karmin flat iron, please share your thoughts in the comments!
Disclosure: The product in this entry was provided by the manufacturer for consideration. For information about my posting policy, please see the review page.