Serums, one of my favorite hair styling products, can be a tricky bunch. Through trial and error, I’ve found that in almost all cases a little goes a long way. One pump too many and your hair can go from soft and shiny to limp and greasy. I tend to prefer lighter serums, since my hair is pretty normal (not overly thick or curly).
New from Matrix Biolage, the ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment promises “instant shine, nourishment and control.”
Additionally, Matrix shares seven uses for ExquisiteOil:
The ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment alone can be used to:
- MASSAGE before shampooing for a smoothing treatment.
- RESTORE dry mid-lengths and ends for immediate luster.
- REPLENISH extra-dry ends by using as an overnight treatment.*
- DETANGLE after shampooing for additional manageability.
- PROTECT during blow-drying or prior to flat ironing for softness and shine.
* When using as an overnight treatment, wrap hair to avoid transfer.
ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment can also be added to Conditioners and Masques to:
- CUSTOMIZE with any Biolage treatment for added brilliance, softness and manageability.
- ENHANCE 3-step service by adding to either Micro-Oil Shampoo or Oil Crème Conditioner.
As far as using ExquisiteOil as a serum (one to two drops used in damp hair prior to styling) I am rating this product a perfect 5/5. As with all Matrix products, I of course love ExquisiteOil’s scent. The serum is light and easily dispersed through hair. And the result is smooth and shiny hair, and I didn’t experience any limpness or loss of volume. I highly recommend ExquisiteOil as a styling serum!
In the next week I plan to try ExquisiteOil as directed above – as an additive to conditioner and as a smoothing serum on dry ends. I’ll share my experience as soon as possible, so be sure to check back for updates!
To find Matrix Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment in a salon near you, please see the Matrix website.