- Mama Fashionista: See what’s new from Biore and Quinn shares the products that have made it into her daily routine!
- Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog: By Terry Baume de Rose Luxury Lip Balm enjoys an undisputed cult status, but does Helen from Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog think it lives up to all of the hype?
- BeautyTidbits: Harshleen shares a new fabulous drugstore discovery - Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity Eyeshadows!
- Emily Hudspeth, hair design and makeup artist : Great way to save Money and TIME stocking your makeup kit. Save 20-40% by using pro makeup artist discounts
- My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog: Laura from My Newest Addiction Beauty Blog shares her reviews on Mario Badescu products for Combination/Oily/Acne-Prone skin!
- Beauty by Miss L: Miss L showed her favorite beauty products of February 2013.
- TheFabZilla: Have you met Matt(e) Nude? I did and I’m ready to Kiss and Tell!
- Peppermint Lips Beauty Blog: MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF35 Review & Swatches!
- D.G.S.Beauty: Check out the gorgeous MAC Candy Yum Yum lippie!
- Polarbelle: Polarbelle has found the perfect universally appealing smokey eye quad in the Burberry Smokey Grey Complete Eye Palette
- Painted Ladies: Sheila from Painted Ladies indulges in luxury with Guerlain’s Atrrape-Couer (501) purple eyeshadow palette.
- Curls N Pearls: What’s better than when a self-admitted makeup junkie finds their ultimate favorite? Learn which foundation Curls N Pearls is obsessing over.
- Beauty Professor: On a hunt to find a shade that matches her winter skin tone, The Beauty Professor swatches all the Revlon Colorstay and Colorstay Whipped foundations in the NC23-NC30 range!
- Project Swatch: NARS just released a new product, the Satin Lip Pencil, and Emi has a review of one of the shades.
- My Highest Self: Covergirl LipPerfection Jumbo Gloss Balm – Haute Pink Twist
- Pammy Blogs Beauty: How I Avoid Self-Tanning Mishaps; Jergen’s Natural Glow Review and $250 Giftcard Giveaway!!!
- The Advice Sisters Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Website: The Advice Sisters know that redheads are all the rage, but this particular hair color is really prone to fading.
- Beauty Info Zone: Amazing colors, fabulous wear, a site to behold - Le Metier de Beaute nail polish on Beauty Info Zone
- Mimi’s Mani’s: Spring Is In The Air With Butter London Trout Pout
- Portrait of Mai: If you’re a fan of both Blade Runner and lipstick, check out swatches of OCC’s Sci-Fi Lullabies Lip Tar Collection with its myriad of metallic lip tars
- Scottish Beauty Blog: Want glowing skin? Facialist Fiona Brackenbury, the lady behind Oscar winner Adele’s flawless face, gives her top tips and skin care advice to Scottish Beauty Blog
- Blushing Noir: Zoya shares the magic of Pixie’s with their latest collection! See full collection swatches & macro shots here!
It’s probably safe to assume we’ve all been there. After preening for an hour or so we leave the house feeling gorgeous: every hair in place, every lash enveloped in mascara, lips lacquered to shiny perfection.
Fast forward one hour. You’ve stopped in the restroom – equipped with harsh lighting – only to find that your foundation is horribly mismatched for your skin tone. Whether its three shades darker than the rest of you, or awkwardly pale in comparison – it’s flat-out embarrassing. Like I said, we’ve all been there.
Perhaps worse than a mismatched shade would be the foundation that once again looks perfect as you leave the house, only to later discover that it’s creased and settled leaving you with a tired and haggard appearance.
Point is, finding the right foundation for your skin tone and type is so important. You can have the best smokey eye or perfect pout – but if the rest of your face (basically, your canvas) looks awkwardly out-of-place thanks to less than ideal foundation, it doesn’t matter.
As a self-professed makeup junkie, I’ve tried countless foundations over the years. When it comes to my favorites, from pricey (Dior, Chanel) to bargain (Almay), I’ve found some foundations I’d consider definitely worthy of recommending to a friend. But recently, I’ve switched foundations and I think I’ve found my makeup soul mate: Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation.
The liquid foundation goes on extremely smoothly, and just one pump provides plenty of product for your entire face with what I’d consider to be medium coverage. If you have blemishes or dark circles, another half pump or two is sufficient to hide imperfections all day.
I have combination skin, so to help the coverage last and remain matte I typically dust on a light layer of finishing powder. (My all-time favorite is still Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder.)
So let’s just get down to it.
What do I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE about Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation?
- Silky smooth feel and effortlessly even application
- Excellent coverage for imperfections
- Impressively long-lasting, never creases
What am I not so crazy about?
- The price.
While this foundation is worth every penny in my opinion, it will set you back a bit. One bottle is $60. (ouch) However, I purchased my first bottle back in January, and it doesn’t seem to even be close to the end. As mentioned above, one pump is enough for moderate coverage all over, and an extra half pump will is sufficient if you have some imperfections to address.
Have you tried Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation? Or do you have a favorite foundation that would be a worthy rival? We’d love to hear in the comments.
OPI Releases When Monkeys Fly!: Limited Edition Confetti Lacquer Inspired by Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful
OPI invites consumers to paint on a little magic with When Monkeys Fly!, a new gold metallic confetti nail lacquer inspired by Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful. When Monkeys Fly! combines the mystical elements of Disney’s film with OPI’s glitz and glamour to create a playful hue for fans of all ages.
“The name says it all! This shade is as unique and mischievous as the ‘flying monkeys’ themselves,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director. “Leave your ruby slippers at home; the new glam look is all about sparkly nails packed with gold iridescent confetti and holographic glitter!”
The newest SoftShades collection features seven limited edition nail lacquers including When Monkeys Fly!, Lights of Emerald City, Don’t Burst My Bubble, Glints of Glinda, I Theodora You, and Which is Witch? Also introduced is a new Liquid Sand™ shade created for Oz himself: What Wizardry is This?, a beautiful taupe with gold sparkle.
As with all OPI nail lacquers, the shades inspired by Oz The Great and Powerful contain no DBP, Toluene, or Formaldehyde, and feature OPI’s exclusive ProWide™ Brush for the ultimate in application.
This limited edition promotion will be available beginning March 2013 at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Chatters, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.
[Image via OPI]