Oh, Daenerys. That hair! If you aren’t obsessed with the HBO series (and book) Game of Thrones, this is Daenerys, played by the lovely Emilia Clarke. In the medieval-fantasy series Daenerys’ platinum blonde locks are often in loose waves with a couple of twists or braids. I cut about three inches off my hair a while back, so I opted for twisting my hair and not braiding it to make up for the missing length. This is a super quick and easy hair tutorial, especially if you have naturally wavy hair that responds well to scrunching. I don’t, so I used a triple barrel curling iron to create loose, messy waves. Keep reading for the details.
1. Working in sections from the nape up, use a triple barrel curling iron to create loose beachy waves. If you were blessed with naturally wavy hair, just scrunch your hair and skip to the next step.
2. Once you have curled all of your hair, flip your head over and separate the curls with your fingers. Spray a small amount of a flexible hold hairspray to set the waves.
3. Pull a small section of hair near your hairline, between your temple and ear, twisting (or braiding) the section away from your face.
4. Secure with a bobby pin and repeat on the other side.
5. Pull a small section about the diameter of a quarter from behind one ear and loosely braid it. You can skip the braid if you want, but I thought it would be a fun and unexpected detail.
6. Secure the ends with a small clear elastic band.
Voila! Here are the supplies I used for this hair tutorial.